A busy Paleo mom who just wants my wild little "berry's" to grow up happy, healthy, and full of love.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
What's in a name?
I ran across this quote tonight while chatting with my sis and trying to come up with a name for this little project. For some reason it made me chuckle and I knew this had to be it. Besides that our last name is part "berry," I currently spend every waking moment trying to tame two little wild "berry's". Most days my little "berry's" are so sweet that I just can't get enough. But we all know that every so often a sour little berry finds its way into the mix and spices things up a bit.
Side note: I know the plural form of berry is berries, that's part of the fun!
Anyhow, the name is just too perfect. So here we go; blogging. I never thought I would do it. Putting my life out there for all to see is just not my style. But why not, life's short. And hey, I might learn something about myself in the process. I guess I will throw in a little bit about the joys of parenting, maybe a sprinkle of paleo living, and a lot of random musings that I just have to share. For now let's get back to that quote I mentioned.
“Are wild strawberries really wild? Will they scratch an adult, will they snap at a child? Should you pet them, or let them run free where they roam? Could they ever relax in a steam-heated home? Can they be trained to not growl at the guests? Will a litterbox work or would they make a mess? Can we make them a Cowberry, herding the cows, or maybe a Muleberry pulling the plows, or maybe a Huntberry chasing the grouse, or maybe a Watchberry guarding the house, and though they may curl up at your feet oh so sweetly can you ever feel that you trust them completely? Or should we make a pet out of something less scary, like the Domestic Prune or the Imported Cherry, Anyhow, you've been warned and I will not be blamed if your Wild Strawberries cannot be tamed.”
Wild Strawberries
By Shel Silverstein
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love love love it!! Shel is the best... and you said it best with the quote and the comparison! Great work... happy to be blogging with you!
ReplyDelete